Thursday, January 24, 2013

Trek to Everest Base Camp

This December I am planning a trek Everest Base Camp to raise money for the PoD Charity in Nepal.

PoD Charity

I am planning on doing this trek later in the year and it will take me just over two weeks to complete. Currently I am working out which itinerary to use as there are many different paths that you can take. I have not spent much time at altitude in the past (the highest I have been is only 3500m) so I will need to go slow so that the altitude does not affect me too badly. The trek will take me up to a height of 5,364m.To give you an idea Snowdon, the highest mountain in Wales is only 1085m!




 
I am fundraising for this trek to support the PoD Charity which works with over 500 children in the Pokhara region of Nepal. The money that you raise will be spent on clothing orphans, giving scholarships for children to attend schools, help under funded schools, provide salaries for teachers, provide educational materials for schools and orphanages, help vocational training at a women's refuge and more (our 'wishlist' of what we would like to achieve will be posted soon!) 

Planned Itinerary
Day 1 - Fly to Lukla and then trek to Phakding (2656m)
Day 2 - Trek to namche (3450m)
Day 3 - Rest day in Namche
Day 4 - Trek to Dole (4084m)
Day 5 - Trek to machermo (4410m)
Day 6 - Rest day at Machermo
Day 7 - Trek to Gokyo (4750m)
Day 8 - Ascent of Gokyo Ri (5483m) and trek to Tragnag (4690m)
Day 9 - Trek to Dzongla via the Cho La Pass (4830m)
Day 10 - Trek to Lobuche (4928m)
Day 11 - Trek to Forak Shep then Everest Base Camp (5364m)
Day 12 - Kalapatar then Dingboche (4410m)
Day 13 - Trek to Namche (3450m)
Day 14 - Trek to Lukla (2800m) and fly back to Kathmandu

Please click the link below to go to my fundraising page, even £1 will help support these children.
 
Many thanks for your generosity. I will be updating this blog as I go along, so keep an eye out for pictures.



Donate now

No comments:

Post a Comment