Sunday, August 4, 2013

Highlights of summer in Nepal '13

I can't believe it is already time for me to leave PoD Nepal, after (the fastest) 6 weeks. 


It has been an absolute privilege to be given the opportunity to return to Nepal and see the invaluable work that PoD continues to do with the most deserving of children!

It has been a pleasure to welcome such hardworking, enthusiastic and talented volunteers and support them throughout their time here.

A summer in Nepal, however, is never all work and no play and am pleased to say I have had also had lots of fun!

Thought my last blog could show a few of my highlights from the last 6 weeks!



Current volunteers embracing the Nepali culture
1.Working alongside brilliant volunteers who have all put a great deal of hard work into the placements. Here is a few of our recent volunteers, embracing the Nepali culture, and trying on sari's from Bindu's impressive collection).


Our brilliant host family


Bindu and I


2. We are very lucky in Nepal that we are all welcomed into Bindu's family and made to feel like part of the family. Volunteers often comment on how "home like" their stay has been.



3. My main highlight: the incredible children we work with in a variety of different placements, who never fail to amaze me with their optimism, personalities and ability to cope with adversity.



Pupil at Annapurna Primary School




Asim at Asha Foundation 

A big thank-you to all volunteers, staff, and most importantly the children for making my time here so special.


2 comments:

  1. I hope much the same greatest conduct obtained by individuals within the probable in addition.

    Painting budget Nepal
    Painting cost Nepal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m still learning from you, but I’m trying to achieve my goals. I certainly love reading everything that is posted on your website.Keep the stories coming. I liked it!
    Color Nepal
    Painting cost Nepal

    ReplyDelete